Health. Healthy. Healthier. Healthiest.
These words mean different things to different people. To us, being healthy means having the resources and support you need to live the life you want to lead. Those resources and that support change over time.
This is why we take a flexible approach to our investing—we are always looking for opportunities that will make a fundamental difference to the people of Whatcom county. We value our ability to be responsive to the needs of our community.
Our support falls into the following areas:
- Healthy Children, Youth & Families: Programs or projects that address the holistic well being of children, youth and families
- Healthy Living: To promote the health equity of all people in Whatcom County
- Healthy Aging: Services and projects that promote healthy aging
- Community Emergency Service Response: Grants for services that address safety and security for children, families and adults
- Health Service Access & Capacity: Programs and services that expand health access and improve and expand needed services
- Health Education & Scholarships: Grants and scholarships for individuals and programs that advance health professional education in our community
- Strategic Impact Funds: Support for projects aligned with the Community Health Improvement Plan and CHF’s Strategic Priorities
- Adopt a Place Based (Neighborhood or School) Based Initiative
- Reduce Opiate Use In Whatcom County
- Launch Whatcom Healthy Aging Initiative
- Support Healthy Children & Families Initiative
- Advancing Community Health Worker Model
Because of our extensive experience investing in this community’s health, we are uniquely qualified to identify opportunities that will have the greatest impact. This means any gift you make to us will be invested wisely, producing the greatest possible impact on Whatcom County and its residents.